With roads and routes being continuously changed or developed, Garmin maps are constantly updated to reflect new data. You need to update maps on your Garmin GPS devices to make the navigation accurate and your journey easy. Use the Garmin express software on your computer for Garmin map updates free. However, some Mac users are often confused about Garmin map updates on a Mac computer. Therefore, we have decided to help them with it.
Learn about simple and easy steps for a gamin map update on Mac in this guide.
How to update Garmin maps on Mac?
Follow the instructions step by step:
- Remove your GPS device from your car. Now, take a USB cable and use it to connect the GPS device to your Mac computer.
- Now, visit the Garmin official website. Select the option to download Garmin express application for Mac operating system.
- Create a Garmin account by providing the necessary details.
- From the software find the available map updates option. Click on it.
- The app will start downloading the updates. The installation might take a few minutes.
- Finally, you will have all the Garmin map updates free for your device.
- You can safely remove the device from your Mac computer.
- You can re-attach the Garmin GPS device to your car.
These were necessary steps for the Garmin map update on Mac.
Garmin map update failed
If you failed to update Garmin maps on a Mac computer, you can try these troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue.
- Check the USB cable of the Garmin device. Make sure it is not damaged or torn out.
- Look out the USB port of the Mac computer. Make sure it is working properly.
- Next, scan the Garmin Express software. If you find anything malicious, delete it immediately.
- Un-install Garmin express. Download the reliable source of Garmin expresses again your computer.
These were some quick steps to resolve Garmin map updates failed issue.
If you still need any more info on how to update Garmin maps on Mac, you can reach us. We have a technical team available with us round the clock that can help you resolve any issue relating to Garmin GPS. Call us anytime to talk with our technical team.