You must go for GarminNuvi update on a regular basis in order to stay aware of the new roads, buildings, and routes. Garmin update is as difficult as it sounds. You just need to delete the previous map file and replace it with a new updated map file.
How to update GarminNuvi?
Let’s go through the instructions given in the following section for Garmin update navigation
- Visit the official Garmin express website. Download and install the Garmin express software on your PC. Choose the option of whether you want to download the software for Windows or Mac computer.
- There, click on the option ‘Login’ if you already have an account. If you don’t, click ‘Sign up’ and create a new my Garmin account. Provide the login details.
- Connect your GarminNuvi device to your computer. Use USB to establish connection.
- Thereafter, you are required to click on the option ‘Add Device’ on your Garmin express app. Wait until the Garmin express detects your device.
- Register your GarminNuvi with the application. Now, choose an option to download the GarminNuvi update.
- Wait until the Garmin update is downloaded.
- Once the Garmin update navigation is completed, remove the GarminNuvi from your computer.
How to fix GarminNuvi login error?
If you get stuck while signing into Garmin express software. Make sure you have entered the correct login details such as username and password. In case, you cannot recall your password for the Garmin map update, you need to click on ‘forgot my password’ option. You will get a temporary password. Log in using that password. Finally, after signing in, you can change the password.
How to reset GarminNuvi?
If your GarminNuvi failed update or if it is giving you a hard time, you can perform a hard reset to fix the issue. Follow the simple steps carefully:
- To get started, you need to turn off your system. Make sure it is powered on and plugged out properly.
- Press the button located on the lower right of the device for a few seconds. After that, press the power button.
- A pop up message will appear saying ‘do you really want to erase all the data?’
- Click on ‘Yes’ button.
- Your GarminNuvi will get reset to its factory settings.
If you have any more doubts on Garmin GPS map update, you can give us a call on our toll-free number. Our technicians will help you resolve them within a few minutes.